Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Waiver Exam...Here I Go

I've been studying for the IT waiver exam for the last week and a half or so. I've been reading the book that is suggested in the study guide for the waiver test. I was worried because I'm leaving August fifth for Europe and wasn't sure I would get to take the exam, but luckily, the exams are now online. Last year, the exam was given during welcome week, and I will definately not be here for that. Anyways, I'm still feeling rather nervous because I've never actually taken an IT course, but I did work in the networking industry, so wish me luck!

The last two weeks have been insane. Between the World Cup, studying for the waiver exam, and work, I've had little time to even think about my upcoming move to Germany. I'm sad that Germany lost today, but Spain deserved the win. They played very well and Germany was just not playing as well as they had been.

My internship at Vizeum is quickly coming to an end. I've got next week and that's it. I've been working on one major project for the last week for both Home Entertainment and Theatrical releases. Essentially, we wanted to look at films that had a media allocation that was significantly different from the average. I was able to find a correlation coefficient (Professor Hahn and Ko, thanks for preparing me!) between the number of standard deviations from the mean the media spend in a particular territory was and the performance of that film (using yet another revision of the performance index, this time using % adjusted spend and % admission). We came up with a lot of interesting findings, including the fact that generally, films with significantly different media allocations tend to perform more negatively than positively. That being said, some territories were much better at media allocation than others.

I've also been doing some competitive research for upcoming titles, which has been really fun. I get to research films that are being released near the time a Fox title is being released. Who doesn't love a job that involves watching trailers and reading about plots for upcoming releases.

Finally, I have one more thing. Check out the international
trailer for the new Predators. It looks like a blast.

Peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment