Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hofstede Strikes Again!

This is going to be short and sweet.

I first heard about Hofstede and his work on cross-cultural dimensions in my OB class first semester. Lo and behold, he did not stop there. The next time he appeared, it was in my OT class. The last time I saw him, it was during my cross-cultural management class last semester. Now, I wasn't entirely surprised to see him in any of those classes, but here I am, minding my own business, and boom! He's back. I've been studying for the IT waiver exam and, once again, the man appears. It's rather impressive. His research ends up in almost all of the management texts that deal with cross-cultural differences. You can check out some of his work here. I did not expect to see him again, especially not in an IT text. But there you have it. He's a legend.

No news on the internship front...same old, same old. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment