Sunday, June 20, 2010

Finding a Place to Live on Another Contintent is Difficult...

...It turns out. The last two weeks have been a little bit of a mess, so I apologize for the late post. Between work and finding a place to live in Germany, I've had very little time to myself.

Over the last two weeks, I've come very close to finishing the performance metrics project I've been working on for the last couple of months. All I have left is completing the new charts, which makes me so happy. As fun as going through all this data has been, I'm ready to move on. My next project is creating a pivot table for the 2009 media buying financials, which I've been working on intermittently throughout the last month.

The much more exciting part of my life is figuring out where I'm going to live while I'm studying at EBS in Germany. It's been quite the experience. First, EBS doesn't have any dorms per se, instead, they own a number of buildings with various flats in them. That being said, the university housing is limited. Second, housing is leased on a first come, first serve basis. What does that mean for someone living on the West coast? Emails get sent out between 2 and 4 am with housing offers. By the time I get to work and am able to check email, all of the housing has already been rented. Finally, I found a way to beat the system: keep my phone on all night and check email as it comes in. Needless to say, it took be four tries, but I finally got this great single flat in a back house in Hallgarten about 3 km away from EBS. This is great news because I have an over-whelming need to control and plan things, and this was something I was losing sleep over.

I hope all your fathers out there are having a great father's day. I've got four more weeks of my internship, so things are quickly coming to a close. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment