Monday, May 17, 2010

The UN Gets Back to Me (I'm that Important)

When I fill out online forms or send an email to a generic email address, I never think that I will actually get a response. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the UN did, indeed, receive my email and wrote me an email back. As I mentioned last week, I was looking for definitions of an urban population in a number of countries. I wrote the UN an email asking if they knew the exact definitions for a number of countries that I was missing. Unfortunately, they did not. They did, however, give me links to the statistics websites for various governments. From there, I was able to direct my questions directly to the governments of the countries I was looking for. Again, I filled out a request for information form. We'll see if they get back to me :).

Beyond an email response from the UN, I worked on the final pieces of the performance index and began working on a financials pivot table. I also had the pleasure of taking a day trip up to beautiful Santa Barbara, where I lived for one year (I went to UCSB for a year, and promptly transferred...it wasn't for me). I hadn't been up there in at least a year and had a wonderful day walking up and down State Street with Lindsay. We then went to one of our favorite restaurants, Piatti's for a linner (lunch/dinner). It was just as good as I remembered.

Anyways, I'm getting ready to go hiking in the lovely Malibu Canyon state park (I believe there's a state park for hiking, I should probably look it up).

1 comment:

  1. There are plenty of areas for hiking in the LA area. If you want a trek, head over to the Angeles National Forest. If you are interested in some easy trails with ocean views, check out Will Rogers State Park in the Santa Monica Mts. Malibu Creek is always a good one but those tend to be destination hikes. There are also some in Topanga Cyn.I have many many books if you want more suggestions.

    ReplyDelete